Trueloves Cottage is a delightful cottage neatly positioned at the back of Trueloves House. The cottage has been restored to make the best of many original Victorian features, providing ample open plan living accommodation.
The main entrance hall with stairs to the first floor has doors leading to the open plan kitchen/diner, living room and cloakroom. The kitchen/diner has direct access to the courtyard patio and features modern fitted base and wall units which are in keeping with the original beams and windows. The living room with windows to the front of the property leads on to an additional room which could easily be used a third bedroom or study. On the first floor the landing has doors leading onto two similar sized double bedrooms with hand made wardrobes fitted to one of the bedrooms and a bathroom. To the front of the property there is parking for two cars which is accessed via the security gates.
The Trueloves estate was originally occupied by members of the local Petre Family in the mid-1600s, whom continue today to reside at the Ingatestone Hall Estate. Trueloves House and Stables was constructed in 1859 and has since been occupied by various members of the British gentry. The property was designed by architect William White of London - noted for his part in 19th Century Gothic revival architecture - and offers many striking features which were carried through into The Stables. These include red brick elevations with stripes and decoration of black and gault brick, a slate roof with fishscale pattern bands and arched windows in a Gothic style. Part of the historic Trueloves House, Trueloves Cottage is one of the earliest parts of the Trueloves Estate, it was originally the servants' parlour, butler's living accommodation and gun/leather cleaning room. Read more